Evidence shows that up to 20% of individuals experience long term effects of COVID-19. Long COVID presents differently for each person in terms of the symptoms, the intensity, and the duration.
Common Symptoms include:
- extreme fatigue (tiredness)
- shortness of breath, heart palpitations, chest pain or tightness
- problems with memory and concentration
- changes to taste and smell
- joint and muscle pain
Symptoms can be:
- fluctuating, with good and bad days
- progressive, with greater difficulty managing day to day tasks
- continuous, with constant impact on your life
Empower Rehab specialise in providing integrated rehabilitation (including physiotherapy, psychology and medical) to help reduce the Long COVID symptoms you may be experiencing and improve your function in all areas of life (e.g., home, social and work).